- CME/CPD (Needs Assessments and Background Reviews)
- Medical news writing | conference summaries | teaching material for online platforms
- Formulating and writing clinical manuscripts for publication
- Content writing for academic, medical, and health-related websites
As an instructor in scientific writing, I hold a strong belief that good communication skills are essential to becoming a successful publishing scientist.
I also believe that an academic’s time is better spent on advancing science rather than teaching people how to write. I provide online workshops in scientific writing skills.
Online workshops for scientists-in-training have 2 major positives:
- Students integrate faster into the scientific community through increased confidence once they learn the skills they need to be a better writer. By “getting it right first time,” they save valuable research and study time – time which is often wasted producing draft after corrected draft for assignments or papers.
- Academic staff are there to teach the science and do not have time to teach students how to write. When students can provide a good first draft, everyone wins.
With a Ph.D. in Bioinorganic Chemistry from the University of Edinburgh, UK, I worked as a Postdoctoral Researcher at Edinburgh University Medical School and Colorado State University.
- Design and development of polymer scaffolds for stem cell therapy in cartilage regeneration
- Design and development of novel bisphosphonate delivery in bone cancer
- Design and development of entry inhibitor antiviral agents against HIV
I also hold the position of Editorial Manager for the peer-review journal Neuroendocrinology.